Wednesday 8 April 2020

Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman

Good Omens
Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman





Date read: 16 - 25 February 2020
Length: 383 pages
Published: 1990


Crowley is a demon, Aziraphale is an angel. When the son of the Dark Lord is swapped at birth (one too many times), he grows up not realising what he is. Meanwhile, Anathema has a book which predicts the end of the world, written by a very distant relative called Agnes Nutter. Will the world really end?


I am a big fan of both Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman, so I'm actually surprised at myself for taking so long to read Good Omens. But now I have, and I enjoyed it very much.

It is subtly amusing, with some points that actually made me laugh out loud. It is the sense of humour that I enjoy from these two authors.

I didn't really like Adam, and I guess that's probably intentional. He seems entitled, and especially within his gang. I suppose despite his upbringing his true self is shining through.

I like Anathema and Newt. They are so clumsy and adorable.


A good read. Now I need to watch the TV series to see how they compare!



Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman




Overall rating








Thanks,
The Wee Librocubicularist

No comments:

Post a Comment