Tuesday 21 April 2020

Little Men (Little Women #2) by Louisa May Alcott

Little Men
Little Women #2
Louisa May Alcott



Front cover

Date read: 7 - 15 March 2020
Length: 372 pages
Published: 1871


Jo is all grown up with a husband, 2 sons of her own, and a school for boys. Here we follow their adventures, including introducing girls to their ranks. Will it work or will the boys drive them away?


Jo was always one of the boys, so I don't find it at all surprising that she opened a school for boys. It's almost like a cross between a boarding school and an orphanage. I find it a bit strange that her neice and nephew Demi and Daisy are there. I have no idea what American schooling was like in the 19th century, but to me it seems strange that they don't go to a traditional school.

All the children who go to the school live in the bug house, and when they grow up they go on to do their own things. At that time, a new boy will come to the school. Insert Dan. I didn't like Dan at first. He was unappreciative and just horrible to the other children. But the more I read about him, the more I liked him and he was alright by the end. 

I like the projects the boys have. It gives them something to do apart from their school work, and each project is unique to them. Even if it doesn't work out they are encouraged to learn from their mistakes and not to let it get them down.


I am very much enjoying the Little Women series so far, only one more book to go!




Overall rating








Thanks,
The Wee Librocubicularist

No comments:

Post a Comment