Saturday 30 May 2015

Yes Man by Danny Wallace

Yes Man
Danny Wallace


Follow my blog on Bloglovin



Front cover


Danny has been staying in and saying no too much after his girlfriend leaves him. He meets a stranger on a bus who gives him some advice, and he starts saying yes. To EVERYTHING. Some things are good, some are bad, but it's all quite amusing.


I really enjoyed Yes Man. The narrative is more of a conversational tone and it lures you in. It's like he's talking directly to you. He has a quirky sense of humour and you just wonder whatever he'll get up to next.

The book spoke to me on a slightly personal level as well. I feel I say no to a lot of things, particularly social events. Sometimes I genuinely can't make, other times I can't be bothered or just don't want to go. After reading Yes Man I realise I need to say yes more. Obviously I'm not going to be buying penis enlargement pills off the internet, but I do need to make an effort.


Live a little.





Overall rating






Thanks
The Wee Librocubicularist

No comments:

Post a Comment