Saturday 23 May 2015

Hogfather (Discworld #20) by Terry Pratchett

Hogfather (Discworld #20)
Terry Pratchett


Follow my blog on Bloglovin



Front cover


The Hogfather has gone missing, so Death steps in as his replacement. Meanwhile Susan is trying to find out what is going on.
Strange things are happening at Unseen University, like a verruca gnome suddenly appearing. Oh, and there's been a burglary at the tooth fairy's castle.
Can Susan return the Discworld to (almost) normality?


One year I got given the Hogfather two part TV adaptation for my birthday on DVD. I'll admit I felt guilty for watching it before I'd read the book, but it's just amazing. And now that I've read the book, I can say it's largely the same. Of course there are some things missed out, but that happens all the time. At least the plot wasn't changed.

I absolutely love Susan. She's so strong and independent, a good role model for young girls. She stands up for herself and deals with things herself as much as she can. She's just badass.
I also love Death. Probably my favourite character in the Discworld series (so far, anyway). Who would have thought Death has a sense of humour? One that agrees with mine. Plus he loves cats.


Just read it. It's awesome.



Terry Pratchett



Overall rating







Thanks
The Wee Librocubicularist

No comments:

Post a Comment