Saturday 31 October 2020

The Return of Little Big Man (Little Big Man #2) by Thomas Berger

The Return of Little Big Man
Little Big Man #2
Thomas Berger



Front cover


Date read: 2 - 12 September 2020
Length: 432 pages
Published: 1999


Following on from Little Big Man, we join Jack Crabb on his adventures after Custer's Last Stand. With Buffalo Bill, he tours a lot of Europe doing Buffalo Bill's Wild West, amongst other things!


How the West was won, from the man who lived
to tell the tale.


What an interesting life Jack Crabb has lived. I know he lived to a very ripe old age, but he's done so much in his life that many people don't have the opportunity to do. He also seems very blase about it all, which I guess is because that's just what he's used to.

I thought him travelling most of America was good for the time, but now Europe too! I imagine it would have taken a very long time to get from place to place, especially from America to Europe, there being no aeroplanes in those days.

I liked the bit in Britain. I thought it was funny the way he interacted with the royalty, and the prince especially seemed to take a liking to him.


These books are not something I would normally read, but I'm glad I did. It was a good change of subject for me, and I do like to read most genres.



Thomas Berger



Overall rating







Thanks,
The Wee Librocubicularist

No comments:

Post a Comment