Tuesday 24 July 2018

Red Queen (Red Queen #1) by Victoria Aveyard

Red Queen
Red Queen #1
Victoria Aveyard


Front cover

Date read: 10 - 19 July 2018
Length: 383 pages


Mare Barrow is a Red girl from the Stilts, ruled by the Silvers. The Reds are common and the Silvers have superpowers. But Mare possesses a power of her own, so the Silvers hide her in plain sight in order to maintain their status. Will they succeed at keeping Mare's powers a secret, or will she bring them down from inside?


It's such an interesting idea having people with two different kinds of blood. But of course it creates a divide, because what else would you expect? I think more will come of this, so I'm looking forward to the next two books to find out.

The brothers Maven and Cal are very different from each other! I don't want to say too much because I might spoil something, but I was a bit surprised at the end. Basically you don't know whose side you're on.

I don't like Evangeline. She is conceited and seems quite controlling. Not someone I want to be around. I don't particularly like the queen either.


I'm looking forward to the next book, Glass Sword, to find out what happens next!



Victoria Aveyard



Overall rating







Thanks,
The Wee Librocubicularist

No comments:

Post a Comment