Wednesday 18 July 2018

A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire #4) by George R. R. Martin

A Feast for Crows
A Song of Ice and Fire #4
George R. R. Martin


Front cover


Date read: 19 June - 9 July 2018
Length: 778 pages (849 including appendix)


Tommen is king of the Seven Kingdoms but until he comes of age, there isn't much he can do. His new wife Margaery is not loved by Cersei and things are very tense in Kings Landing. Arya has found the Faceless Men, but fails to become No One. Samwell travels to the Citadel with Gilly and the new born. There are many plots against each other, who will be left standing?


Here we mainly follow the characters in and around Kings Landing, and as such it wasn't my favourite in the series. There's no Dany! I believe she will be in the next book so I'm sure I will enjoy that a bit more. That's not to say A Feast for Crows isn't good though, because it is!

As Tommen is a child, Kings Landing is really ruled my Queen Cersei and her council. And what a little scheming person she is! She's one character I've never really liked, less so in the books than the TV show. She'll get her just rewards and we begin to see that at the end of this book, thankfully!

I am really excited to read A Dance With Dragons because I know it will have one of my favourite characters in it! I can't believe I only have 2 books left to read though, it's kind of upsetting!




Overall rating







Thanks,
The Wee Librocubicularist

No comments:

Post a Comment