Monday 29 December 2014

In Her Shoes by Jennifer Weiner

In Her Shoes
Jennifer Weiner
  

Follow my blog on Bloglovin 


Cover Image



Maggie and Rose are sisters, but they couldn't be more opposite. Maggie is flighty and selfish, Rose is grounded and responsible. Nothing seems to be going right for Maggie, and after Rose throws her out after catching her with her boyfriend, Maggie discovers a long lost grandmother. Will Maggie change her ways? Will Rose ever find true love? Can the sisters forget the past and become friends again?


While reading In Her Shoes I discovered that I knew this story, and couldn't remember where from. Then I realised I'd seen the film! Although the character of Rose has slightly changed, I think Maggie was spot on. The film is also quite true to the book as well, which was nice.

I did enjoy this book. It's not too long, but not too short. A perfect holiday book. The story is interesting, and while the character of Maggie isn't very likeable in the beginning, I think she's actually my favourite character. She learns and grows so much in the novel, and what she does is really inspiring.


Perfect reading for a nice, relaxing sunny holiday.



Jennifer Weiner




 Overall rating







All the best for 2015
The Wee Librocubicularist

No comments:

Post a Comment