Tuesday 9 June 2020

The Fate of the Tearling (The Queen of the Tearling #3) by Erika Johansen

The Fate of the Tearling
The Queen of the Tearling #3
Erika Johansen


Front cover


Date read: 8 - 20 May 2020
Length: 515 pages
Published: 2016


In order to try to save her kingdom, Kelsea hands herself over to the Red Queen and is now her prisoner. She leaves the Mace in charge, being one of the only people she can trust. Will this be enough to save the Tearling?


FIRST SHE WAS CROWNED, THEN IMPRISONED.
NOW THE ENDGAME BEGINS...


I like learning about the past through the actual characters. It's almost like 2 books in 1!  In The Fate of the Tearling we see more of the younger generation of the new Tearling, Lily's son and his peers. 

It was an unexpected ending, but I suppose it works. At first I thought it was going to be that she woke up and it was all a dream. I was getting ready to be pretty annoyed, but it wasn't quite like that! I guess this ending was okay but I do feel a bit disappointed anyway.

Most of the questions I had were answered but I would have liked to know if Kelsea was Tear or Finn. I guess it's left for me to figure out or I'll just never know.

The Fate of the Tearling is not quite as good as book 2, but still pretty decent. I think it was the ending that brought it down for me, and I would have given it 3.5 stars, but have rounded it up to four.




Overall rating








Thanks,
The Wee Librocubicularist

No comments:

Post a Comment