Sunday 8 March 2020

The Queen of the Tearling (The Queen of the Tearling #1) by Erika Johansen

The Queen of the Tearling
The Queen of the Tearling #1
Erika Johansen



Front cover

Date read: 18 - 29 January 2020
Length: 488 pages
Published: 2014


Kelsea is taken from her home on her 19th birthday to rule a kingdom she's never been a part of. Her uncle wants her dead and the Caden have been looking for her for a long time. Upon arrival in her new kingdom, she immediately makes changes. Will she be loved or hated?


HER THRONE AWAITS...
IF SHE CAN LIVE LONG ENOUGH
TO TAKE IT

So, I was given this book by a friend, many moons ago. It has been in one of my 'to-read' piles for a while, gradually working its way to the top. I have quite enjoyed the read, although it took me some time to get into it. I kind of feel this book was more an introduction to what's to come (as I suppose most first books in a series are), so I'm excited to read the rest.

I like Mace/Lazarus. I think he will be a trustworthy person, and Kelsea should keep him close. I also think the Fetch is interesting. To everyone else he wears a mask, but yet even the very first time Kelsea met him, there was no mask. Curious!

I think Kelsea will be a good queen, but I think she will have a hard time of it, at least initially. She is making some (much needed) changes, but I know some people will not be pleased with them. Hopefully she will keep her head, and deal with them properly.

I will be reading the rest, even if it's just to find out for certain who her father is!




Overall rating







Thanks,
The Wee Librocubicularist

No comments:

Post a Comment