Tuesday 29 October 2019

The Eye of the World (The Wheel of Time #1) by Robert Jordan

The Eye of the World
The Wheel of Time #1
Robert Jordan


Front cover

Date read: 11 - 30 September 2019
Length: 812 pages (including contents, maps, prologue and glossary)
Published: 1990


Three young men from the Two Rivers have their lives changed in one night. Rand, Mat, and Perrin are suddenly whisked into a world of adventure, accompanied by Aes Sedai Moiraine and warder Lan, they travel further than they have ever before. Hunted by creatures of the Dark One, will they make it to the Eye of the World?


Wow. Now. I don't even know where to begin. There is so much to this book that I'm sure we've only just scratched the surface of what's to follow. So I was given this book by a friend. The Wheel of Time series is one of those things that you're vaguely aware of, but really don't know much about. When I began I new nothing barring the name of the series and that it was a long one. Once given the book, I looked on Goodreads and was a bit apprehensive as the reviews were so varied. Was this going to be a long series that I would have to slug my way through?

The answer is no. I very much enjoyed The Eye of the World, and I'm really looking forward to reading more. Although it's not part of my main reading lists so it'll probably be about a year and a half before I read the next one!

There are a lot of characters here, but strangely I didn't find that confusing or hard to follow. There have been other series I've read that has had a lot of characters that I've found more challenging, but not this one. I suppose that's a good thing, but may well change the further I progress in the series.

I liked pretty much all of the story, but I really liked the thing with Perrin. I thought it was very interesting and I hope there will be more about it in the following novels.


I'm glad my friend gave me this book and I'm looking forward to reading more - whenever that may be!




Overall rating








Thanks,
The Wee Librocubicularist

No comments:

Post a Comment