Tuesday 1 October 2019

Sepulchre (Languedoc #2) by Kate Mosse

Sepulchre
Languedoc #2
Kate Mosse


Front cover

Date read: 9 - 27 August 2019
Length: 732 pages
Published: 2007


In 1891 Leonie Vernier leaves Paris with her brother Anatole to stay with their aunt in the country, at the Domaine de la Cade. There, she discovers a sepulchre full of mystery.
In 2007, Meredith Martin is researching for a biography she is writing, as well as trying to learn about her own family history. She visits the Domaine de la Cade and is intrigued by the past. Can she work out what happened all those years ago?


This story begins in
a city of bones...


I really enjoyed both parts of the story, although I will say it can sometimes be a little frustrating when you're right in the swing of things and then it changes to the other story. It's a good thing I do like both parts!

I liked the story of Anatole and Isolde. It's both surprising and tragic. I felt sorry for them and just wanted things to work out.

A lot of the time when I was reading the part of Meredith, I was waiting for her to work out the things that happened in the past, so that I would know too! I kind of felt like I was there with her, figuring out all of the events by her side.

The song at the end of the book is really good, and I actually still listen to it from time to time. You can find it on YouTube.

I have read Labyrinth, the previous Languedoc novel, and I have to say the writing has MUCH improved. I felt when I was reading Labyrinth that it was a good story, but that the writing was letting it down. I did not feel that way at all when I was reading Sepulchre. In fact, sometimes I struggled to put it down, I was so absorbed in the story!


I'm looking forward to reading Citadel much more now, though I have no idea when that will be!




Overall rating








Thanks,
The Wee Librocubicularist

No comments:

Post a Comment