Wednesday 22 May 2019

Intensity by Dean Koontz

Intensity
Dean Koontz




Front cover


Date read: 29 April - 10 May 2019
Length: 469 pages
Published: 1995


Chyna Shepherd goes to her friend Laura's parents house for a break, but on the first night there's an intruder who kills the whole family. Chyna is a survivor by nature, and she manages to stay hidden. Not knowing if her friend is alive or dead, she follows them out of the house, and also learns about a 16 year old captive in the killers home. Can she help the captive but also survive herself?


I enjoyed Intensity. It was a good read, although I felt it could have been a little shorter. There is a lot of detail, however, so you feel you really get to know the characters.

This story is told over a very short time span; only a few days. A lot happens in those few days though!

It is not just told from Chyna's point of view, it is also told from the killers view, which I like. This way means you can really tell what each of the characters are thinking and feeling, even if those things are from the killers mind!

I felt myself getting really involved with what Chyna was going through. I found it so easy to read and I just wanted to know what was going to happen next. Very hard to put down!


Dean Koontz





Overall rating







Thanks,
The Wee Librocubicularist

No comments:

Post a Comment