Tuesday 6 November 2018

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy #1) by Douglas Adams

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy #1
Douglas Adams



Front cover

Date read: 10 - 14 October 2018
Length: 184 pages


Arthur Dent is whisked away from Earth moments before its destruction by an alien spaceship. His friend (and alien) Ford Prefect helps him come to terms with things despite the fact they're not welcome on the ship that rescued them. The next aliens he meets aren't so bad though...

DON'T PANIC!
Too late...

I have been waiting to read this series for so long! I've head from multiple sources it's amazing, and I was not disappointed. I love the humour, it's just so sarcastic. The characters are varied and inventive, especially the Paranoid Android. 

It kind of reminds me of Doctor Who a little in that they can travel though space and time. I'm looking forward to all the adventures these books will bring, starting with visiting the restaurant at the end of the universe!

Bring it on!




Overall rating








Thanks, 
The Wee Librocubicularist

No comments:

Post a Comment