Tuesday 16 October 2018

Half a War (Shattered Sea #3) by Joe Abercrombie

Half a War
Shattered Sea #3
Joe Abercrombie


Front cover

Date read: 28 September - 9 October 2018
Length: 497 pages


The countries around the Shattered Sea are at war. Princess Skara must rise up if she wants to reclaim her birthright. With her army she must face Grandmother Wexen and Bright Yilling before Father Peace can be sought. Can she do it?

YOU CAN ONLY CONQUER
YOUR FEARS BY FACING THEM.
HIDE FROM THEM, AND THEY
CONQUER YOU

I have liked a lot of characters in this series, and I also like Skara. She seems hard but fair to her people. This series is kind of unique in that each book doesn't really follow the same people, but they are all linked. For instance, in the beginning I didn't really like Grom-gil-Gorm because I was looking at the story from one set of characters views, but by the end I find I actually quite like him. It's the same with Queen Uthil.

There's also quite a few 'minor' characters that you can't help but like, such as Rin and Koll. They pop up every now and then, and you just feel drawn to them. I was sad about Brand and Grom-gil-Gorm, but probably more especially Brand. 

I wasn't as keen on Half a War as I was on the previous two. But nevertheless I have very much enjoyed this series!


Joe Abercrombie




Overall rating







Thanks,
The Wee Librocubicularist

No comments:

Post a Comment