Tuesday 2 October 2018

A Dance With Dragons 2: After the Feast (A Song of Ice and Fire #5 part 2) by George R. R. Martin

A Dance With Dragons 2: After the Feast
A Song of Ice and Fire #5 part 2
George R. R. Martin



Front cover

Date read: 3 - 16 September 2018
Length: 493 pages (557 with appendix)


In Kings Landing Queen Cersei is in jail awaiting trial. Tyrion has been sold as a slave in Yunkai along with another dwarf and a pig. Dany has married (!) a questionable man. Margaery and Tommen wed. Stannis travels to Winterfell to confront the Boltons, all the while the Wildlings are preparing for war.


The future of the Seven Kingdoms
hangs in the balance.


I still can't believe this is the last published book in the A Song of Ice and Fire series! I was naughty and started watching the TV series before I got around to reading the books. Usually I prefer to read the book first, and most the time I do. But at the time I got into the TV series, I was already reading a long running book series and wanted to wait until I finished that before starting this one. And now I'm sad it's over. 

As someone who watched the TV series, I was really surprised to read that Dany had married again. She's such a strong and independent character and I always got the impression she was never going to marry, after what happened to Khal Drogo. But there you have it.

It's good so see some justice being done in Kings Landing in regards to the royal family. Cersei got away with so much for so long it's about time she paid for her crimes!

I'm looking forward to The Winds of Winter coming out, whenever that may be. Goodreads say 2020 but George R. R. Martin is notorious for pushing back deadlines.




Overall rating








Thanks,
The Wee Librocubicularist

No comments:

Post a Comment