Monday 6 November 2017

The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J. K. Rowling

The Tales of Beedle the Bard
J. K. Rowling


Front cover


Date read: 21 - 23 October 2017
Length: 123 pages

Here we have a collection of five short fairy tales for children. The young witches and wizards in the world of Harry Potter grew up with these tales, rather than the likes of Cinderella, Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, and Little Red Riding Hood etc. The tales have been passed down the generations and are much loved by all. After each take we have a piece by Albus Dumbledore telling us more about the stories. You need to read it!


I liked all the stories, and cant really decide which is my favourite. Gun to my head, I'd probably say The Fountain of Fair Fortune, but I like them all! Even The Warlock's Hairy Heart, which I will admit is my least favourite. There is a good morale in each story, and you can see why the wizarding families love them so much.

You can tell a lot of work went into this book, including the concept, the individual stories and raising money for the charity Lumos. There is so much content in this small book it actually amazes me. The brain of J. K. Rowling is incredible.


Reading the 3 Harry Potter companion novels was such a nice break from my regular novels, and I'm really looking forward to reading the screenplays now!


J. K. Rowling





Overall rating







Thanks,
The Wee Librocubicularist

No comments:

Post a Comment