Sunday 19 March 2017

Priestess of the White (Age of the Five #1) by Trudi Canavan

Priestess of the White
Age of the Five #1
Trudi Canavan


Front cover

Date read: 20 January - 5 February 2017
Length: 656 pages

Auraya is chosen as a priestess of the White and must leave her old life behind. Gifted with powers, herself and the 4 other White must make allies in order to defend against black-clad sorcerers and try to prevent a war. Can they recruit enough allies?


There are a lot of characters to get your head around, which can be quite confusing! There's the names of the gods, the priests and priestesses, not to mention other characters from different locations. Then there's words you've never heard before (there's a glossary at the back) to add to the mix. I found myself struggling, so I took a break and came back to it.

It's a good story though, and a few little side stories which are interesting. In particular I like Tryss and Emerahl. I hope I get to learn more about them in the other two books.

Dreamweavers are mysterious, and I think there's more to them than meets the eye. I'm glad the Circlians and Dreamweavers are beginning to work together, and I hope to see the prejudice against them evaporate.


Although I found it hard to finish at first, I'm looking forward to the next one so I can find out more about the Dreamweavers, and Emerahl.




Overall rating





Thanks,
The Wee Librocubicularist

No comments:

Post a Comment