Saturday 25 March 2017

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter #2) by J. K. Rowling

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter #2
J. K. Rowling


Front cover


Date read: 6 - 11 February 2017
Length: 251 pages

Harry is back for a second year, and after a rather unusual entrance, he arrives at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. There is something afoot, however, as people are discovered Petrified. Harry and his gang take it upon themselves to learn more about the Chamber of Secrets and the monster lurking inside. Can they stop it and save Hogwarts? 


This year Hogwarts have a new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher; Professor Lockhart. Oh, and what a pathetic excuse for a man is he. Using other people's achievements as his own to sell books and win over the ladies' hearts. Give me strength. All I'm going to say is, I'm glad he doesn't stick around for long. 

Harry discovers he's a parselmouth, which means he can talk to snakes. That explains what happened that time he went to the zoo. It's a rare talent among the wizardry community, so naturally everyone is amazed. And rightly so. I'd love to be able to talk to animals. Maybe not snakes though...

I did enjoy this story, though I think I preferred the first so far. I've heard they're meant to get really good later on, so I'm looking forward to that. 

2 down, 5 more to go! 




Overall rating





Thanks, 
The Wee Librocubicularist 

No comments:

Post a Comment