Sunday 22 November 2015

Paper Towns by John Green

Paper Towns
John Green


Follow my blog on Bloglovin



Front cover


Everything seems normal, until Margo comes to Quentin's room late one night, asking for his assistance on a night she has planned. But when Margo doesn't turn up at school the next day, Q gets worried. He tries to figure out a set of clues to find her whereabouts, and with his friends he goes on quite a road trip. But will they find her? Is she even alive?


One of my friends got this book, and after reading The Fault In Our Stars I had to read it. But I've got to say, I was a little disappointed. I was expecting a heart wrenching emotional rollercoaster, but that's not what I got. Instead I got a story about a teenager obsessed with his next door neighbour who he doesn't really know, and he drops everything to go travelling the country to find her, when she doesn't want to be found.

That's not to say it's not a good story though. The characters are believable and some are really quite funny. I liked seeing what clues they would find and where that would lead them. Some strange places, I will admit!


It is a good story on its own, but if you're looking for something akin to The Fault In Our Stars, you won't find it here.




Overall rating





Thanks,
The Wee Librocubicularist

No comments:

Post a Comment