Monday 31 March 2014

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

Follow my blog on Bloglovin

Jane Eyre
Charlotte Bronte


Cover Image

Jane Eyre is a classic, every one knows that. The last classic I read was Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, and I'll be honest, I didn't think much of it. After that no so pleasant experience, I was a bit hesitant to read another classic. I'm very glad I did though, because I absolutely loved Jane Eyre!

Jane Eyre is about a girl with the same name, and tells of her struggles as an orphan and growing up in a house with no love. The story follows her from 10 years old into early adulthood, and it is so well written you basically feel as though you're right there in it.

There are many good moral stories in Jane Eyre. One being that it doesn't matter how much money you have, or how many people live in your home, you can still feel lonely and depressed if it is not a loving home. Another; despite Jane's love for Mr. Rochester, she stood by her morals and did what she thought was right, even if she didn't want to.


I'm finding it hard to put into words how brilliant Jane Eyre is. I guess it's one of those books that you can't really do justice, and you need to just read it to understand why it is so good, and one of the best classics.

Pretty much from page one I was sucked into the world of Jane. She is a very relatable character, and the story is so well written that you really feel everything she's going through. It's one of those books where you forget your surroundings and just get sucked right in.


I thought that it was particularly good for the time it was written as well. There are some pretty twisted plot moves that keep you hooked again and again. Some things were just so unexpected, and you had to keep reading to find out what was going to happen! If I didn't have such a busy life, I could probably have read it in one sitting.

Seriously, I'm not doing this book justice. If you haven't read it yet, I would say make it a priority, it's just that good!


Overall rating







Thanks,
The Wee Librocubicularist

No comments:

Post a Comment