Thursday 4 March 2021

The Great Hunt (The Wheel of Time #2) by Robert Jordan

The Great Hunt
The Wheel of Time #2
Robert Jordan



Front cover


Date read: 1 - 18 January 2021
Length: 681 pages (721 including prologue and glossary)
Published: 1990


Rand is on a mission to find the Horn of Valere and return it to King Agelmar. Nynaeve and Egwene go to the White Tower to train to become Aes Sedai. But when they leave to help Rand, they find themselves trapped by Seanchan sul'dam. Will the Horn be reclaimed?


It's been a while since I read The Eye of the World but I was excited to get to this one! It took me a little while to remember some of the things from the first one but no time at all to get right back into it! 

This time I liked reading more about the girls than Rand. I was so drawn in to their story and just wanted to keep on reading about them!

I didn't like the Seanchan, and I felt angry for the girls but specifically Egwene. They were pretty much treated as slaves and it was an awful experience for them. They handled very well though!

Ingtar betrayed Rand, but died for a good cause. He knew he had done wrong and wanted to make amends.

I still like Mat and Perrin. They compliment Rand, and honestly, I think they make him a better person. When they're not round Rand can be a bit reckless, but when they're there he stops to actually think about things, and how his decisions will impact them.

I'm looking forward to the next one, even though I know it will be a while before I get to it!




Overall rating








Thanks,
The Wee Librocubicularist

No comments:

Post a Comment