Tuesday 26 March 2019

Bloodsong (Blood #2) by Melvin Burgess

Bloodsong
Blood #2
Melvin Burgess



Front cover

Date read: 16 - 24 February 2019
Length: 356 pages
Published: 2005


Sigurd Volson is the last in his line. With a sword made from the remains of his fathers powerful knife, he sets out to slay Fafnir, the powerful dragon. He falls in love with Bryony, trapped under the old city of Crayley. After he leaves to try to save her, everything goes wrong. And a little bit fuzzy...


'You thought you were watching my death,' hissed
the dragon. 'But you were watching your own.'


Well. I feel a bit of disassociation here. I liked the story, I liked the characters, but I just didn't feel drawn in, didn't have any strong feelings towards any character in particular. I guess I did like Bryony, but even then it wasn't straight away, she grows on you after a time.

There wasn't really any mention of Bloodtide, it felt like a totally different book, and not one that follows another. I think I could have read either book as a stand alone novel.

The clones are weird though! In fact, that whole part of the book felt a little odd. There's this old lady who doesn't speak, secretly making clones of her family and others, 'just in case'. Strange. She obviously knew more than she was letting on and her family were none the wiser.




Overall rating







Thanks,
The Wee Librocubicularist

No comments:

Post a Comment