Tuesday 6 March 2018

Angel of Storms (Millennium's Rule #2) by Trudi Canavan

Angel of Storms
Millennium's Rule #2
Trudi Canavan



Front cover

Date read: 14 - 27 February 2018
Length: 568 pages

Tyen teaches students the ways of magic, but after a powerful sorcerer returns, long believed to be dead, magic schools are once again forbidden and teachers and students free to escape punishment. Meanwhile Rielle is approached by the Angel of Storms and asked to be an artist on his world. But a war breaks out and soon everything will change.


I'll admit, I wasn't as absorbed by The Angel of Storms as I was by Thief's Magic. I really like the idea of Vella and this instalment kind of veers away from that. The book is brought out from time to time, but not as much. Although Tyen does sort of make some progress in restoring Vella into a body, there is still much more to be done!

The Raen finds himself in the centre of a rebellion, after being away for some time, trapped in a world with little magic. I'm not usually much for war or conflict in novels, but I found myself intrigued by the preparations and strategy involved here. I think Tyen's involvement here helped make it more interesting, and I found myself wondering when/if he's be caught!


I hope the next in the series has more to do with Vella, and I'll find out soon!



Trudi Canavan




Overall rating







Thanks,
The Wee Librocubicularist

No comments:

Post a Comment