Tuesday 12 September 2017

The Blade Itself (The First Law #1) by Joe Abercrombie

The Blade Itself
The First Law #1
Joe Abercrombie


Front cover

Date read: 22 August - 3 September 2017
Length: 515 pages

Logen Ninefingers is a barbarian believed to be dead. Jezal has 'blood' and dreams of winning the fencing contest and serving his country. Inquisitor Glokta hates everyone, including himself. He is a power-hungry cripple who tortures people for information. But they are at war, and something big is coming.


I liked the set up here and the writing style. I like reading from more than one characters perspective. The characters seem interesting and varied, and I like most of them. My favourite is probably Ardee though. She's a badass!

One downside is that I kind of feel like I don't really know the characters very well yet. This is a trilogy so I'm hoping that will change soon!

The Shanka. I'm not really sure what they are yet, but I'm looking forward to finding out more!




Overall rating






Thanks,
The Wee Librocubicularist

No comments:

Post a Comment