Sunday 24 September 2017

Enduring Love by Ian McEwan

Enduring Love
Ian McEwan


Front cover

Date read: 7 - 12 September 2017
Length: 245 pages

Joe and his wife Clarissa happen upon a hot air balloon in distress. Along with a few others, they try to help the situation. That is when Joe meets Jed; a man he will never forget. How can one event change his life so much?


I quite liked the story, but I couldn't bond to Joe. Although I was reading I felt like I didn't really mind what happened to him all that much, but obviously I didn't want anything drastic. I'm glad it didn't end in tragedy.

What a strange man Jed is. For a while I thought maybe it was all in Joe's head, and maybe he wasn't even real. I'm sure that's probably what we're meant to be thinking.

The information at the end about de Clérambault's syndrome makes me think it's based on a true story. I haven't don't any research into it, but it certainly seems that way!




Overall rating






Thanks,
The Wee Librocubicularist

No comments:

Post a Comment