Tuesday 22 August 2017

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter #7) by J. K. Rowling

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Harry Potter #7
J. K. Rowling


Front cover

Date read: 29 July - 13 August 2017
Length: 620 pages

It is no longer safe at Hogwarts and Harry, Ron, and Hermione have a mission to accomplish; they must find and destroy all of Lord Voldemort's Horcruxes. But it's not all plain sailing; Dumbledore hasn't left them much to go on and they begin to lose hope. Can they find them all, and is Harry really prepared to die at the hands of his mortal enemy?


It's been a while since I have been as invested as a series as this one. I just wish I had read it as a teen, as I think it would have made a big impression. Instead I read the first 2 as a child, then rediscovered them in my mid-twenties. Obviously pretty much everyone is aware of The Boy Who Lived, and I've seen the films. But to actually read them yourself is a different experience altogether.

Snape. Snape. Severus Snape. What a character! For Harry not to find out about the real Snape for so long, until pretty much the last moment, and for Snape to keep his intentions from Harry as well, it's quite astonishing. To think their relationship could have been completely different if it wasn't kept a secret. It's good to be able to finally understand Snape.

The deaths! Oh, the deaths! It was inevitable of course; you can't go to war without some fatalities, but it's still hard all the same. Now there's only one twin and a child without any parents. It's heartbreaking, really.


I want to read more! I will read more!


J. K. Rowling




Overall rating






Thanks,
The Wee Librocubicularist

No comments:

Post a Comment