Sunday 23 July 2017

The Face of Fear by Dean Koontz

The Face of Fear
Dean Koontz


Front cover

Date read: 13 - 20 July 2017
Length: 314 pages

Graham Harris is a clairvoyant called in to help with the case of the Butcher; a serial killer who rapes and dismembers women, then eats a meal in their kitchen. But then the Butcher tracks Graham down and tries to kill him and his girlfriend Connie. Despite seeing his death, they do everything they can to make it out alive.


I liked the characters, even the detective Preduski who is a bit scatterbrained! The characters were believable and relatable. There weren't too many so it was easy to follow. 

One thing I didn't like was I think it contributed to some bad dreams and restless sleep! These days I'm not a great sleeper anyway, but I don't usually dream about murder! 

I couldn't decide how I felt after reading this. I felt an influx of emotions all at once. I was happy, I was sad, and just about everything in between. That's the reason it didn't get 3 stars. If I had actually cried it would have been an automatic 5 stars!




Overall rating






Thanks, 
The Wee Librocubicularist

No comments:

Post a Comment