Saturday 1 October 2016

Peter Pan by J. M. Barrie

Peter Pan
J. M. Barrie


Front cover

Date read: 25 - 28 August 2016
Length: 151 pages

After Wendy's mum traps Peter Pan's shadow in a drawer, he comes to the nursery to retrieve it. When he's there he convinces Wendy, John and Michael to fly away to Neverland. Wendy becomes the mother of the Lost Boys and they have many adventures. But eventually the children want to go home. One last battle with Captain Hook; can they make it home? 


I really rather enjoyed this story. I felt it was much better than The Little White Bird. The characters were more relatable and likeable. I felt sorry for Peter. He really is a Lost Boy, needing the guidance and support of Wendy. 

Tinkerbell is absolutely not what I imagined. What a little madam she is! I don't know how Peter puts up with her going off in a huff all the time. I'm glad Wendy and her sort of made friends by the end though. 


After having a very sporadic knowledge of Peter Pan, I'm very glad I took the time to read these stories. It's got everything you could want in a tale; imagination, adventure, and a healthy dose of reality and common sense to keep you grounded. 

Very much recommended for a little spark of youth. 




Overall rating






Thanks, 
The Wee Librocubicularist

No comments:

Post a Comment