Sunday 26 April 2015

Robert Langdon 3: The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown

Robert Langdon 3: The Lost Symbol
Dan Brown


Follow my blog on Bloglovin



Front cover

Robert Langdon thinks he's going to give a lecture in Washington DC, but oh how wrong he is. A mysterious object is discovered, and his mentor and friend have gone missing. Is Langdon ready to save the day, again?


I thought The Lost Symbol was slightly better as part of the series than The Da Vinci Code as it wasn't exactly the same storyline with a few details changed. Although it is very similar, it's not exactly the same. I think I enjoyed the puzzles and things more in this one than the previous two. I felt more drawn in as well.

I've got to say, I'm quite disappointed with the series as a whole. After all the hype they're given, I guess I expected them to be fantastic. Sure, the story sucks you in for a little while, and it's an easy read, but I guess I just expected more. I think characterisation could be doing with some fleshing out. There's not really much depth to the characters, and some you think are going somewhere are completely forgotten about!

I don't regret reading them. And I will read Inferno when I come across a second hand copy. They're good books for when you don't want to get too immersed in the story. Basically a nice lazy summer afternoon read.





Overall rating







Thanks
The Wee Librocubicularist

No comments:

Post a Comment