Monday 14 July 2014

The Lord of the Rings 3: The Return of the King by J. R. R. Tolkien

The Lord of the Rings 3: The Return of the King
J. R. R. Tolkien


Follow my blog on Bloglovin


Cover Image
The Return of the King sees the individual fights of the separated groups, all fighting to aid the destruction of the Ring. Will they defeat the Orcs? Can Frodo really destroy the Ring? You'll have to read it to find out!

"Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie."

Overall I'm pleased with how the story went, and the ending. There is one thing however, that I'm not pleased with. Aragorn married the wrong person! I'm glad he stayed and became king, because I think he'd make a good king, but still not happy with whom he married!

After reading the series, I can say that Tolkien loves the word perilous! Pretty much everything is described as being perilous. I did find the series tough to read, and while reading this one I kept falling asleep! The last 80 pages or so are the best part of the book, and a lot easier to read and follow. I think it's the style of writing which I found difficult, because I did enjoy the story. I'm glad I've read them, but I'm also glad I'm finished! I will be watching the films at some point, so hopefully I won't fall asleep during them, otherwise I'll be punished by my man friend, eep!





Overall rating
    



Thanks,
The Wee Librocubicularist

No comments:

Post a Comment