Tuesday 26 February 2019

Bloodtide (Blood #1) by Melvin Burgess

Bloodtide
Blood #1
Melvin Burgess



Front cover

Date read: 18 - 28 January 2019
Length: 423 pages
Published: 1999


Set in a ruined London, two families are at war with each other, the Volsons and the Connors. As a peace treaty, Val Volson offers his daughters hand in marriage. All is fine for a while until the treaty is broken and war ensues. Signy realises her husbands true nature and plots against him. Who will win the war?


'Love. Hate. So what? This is family.
This is business.'


I liked the twins. although just because they are twins doesn't mean they need to have almost identical names! It sometimes put me off if I was reading late at night.

The halfmen are very interesting and I wanted to know more about them and that side of the world! I hope I get to learn a bit more about it in the next book. We get a brief glimpse, but I feel like I want to learn more!

Styr is just weird. I didn't get into this as much as I wanted. I felt that the story was good, the characters were interesting and varied, and the writing was good. There's just something missing and I can't put my finger on it. It's like something you really want to like, but you just don't.

I will read the next book too though.




Overall rating







Thanks,
The Wee Librocubicularist

No comments:

Post a Comment