Sunday 6 March 2016

The Blue Hawk by Peter Dickinson

The Blue Hawk
Peter Dickinson






Date read: 4 - 9 February 2016
Length: 236 pages


Tron is chosen to be Goat, but he finds himself drawn to the blue sacrificial hawk. So he takes it and leaves the temple, embarking on a journey of a lifetime. He meets the king, is involved in a war, all the while the Gods of Aa and O are by his side. He hears the word of Gdu, and learns to tame the hawk.


I'm going to be honest, I didn't enjoy this book. I thought it wasn't very captivating, and a bit boring really. Because I couldn't get invested, I feel as if I was just kind of reading it, without taking anything in, and as a result I don't feel I really know what the story was about. Not fully, anyway.

There were no characters I felt I could relate to. Although Tron had his mission, and it all sounds very exciting. But in reality, I found it very tedious.


Not one I'd recommend, unfortunately.




Overall rating






Thanks,
The Wee Librocubicularist

No comments:

Post a Comment